A: MAP has a reputation for providing “outstanding” service. We have been in the business of professional real estate sales and property management since 1988 and we have the experience & “know-how” to make your real estate investment a success. When you hire us, you can expect the very best management solutions, we will make every effort to earn your trust. There is no better choice for your investment and peace of mind. Our success lies in offering you the reliable, efficient property management service that you deserve. Our experience gives us expertise in: local rent structures, lease agreements, maintenance needs, insurance requirements and landlord/tenant law.
A: We specialize in single-family homes, condos, and apartments in the San Diego county area.
A: If you lack the time or expertise needed for the day-to-day management of your residential real estate investments, an expert property manager can help you make a big difference in your investment success. A property management company can help you:
- Market your rental property to minimize vacancies and maximize income (link: Property managers make their livings because they know the rental market, what comparable properties are renting for, and what potential renters are willing to pay for a rental property.
- They have the marketing know-how to reach potential renters and they have the experience and resources to weed out poor credit risks
- Fill vacancies with the best possible tenants;
- Maintain and keep your rental property in good condition (link: Property managers handle and coordinate routine repairs as well as emergency repairs. They have the experience to avoid unnecessary repairs and have negotiated the best rates with tradesman to save you money);
- Track income and expenses to determine profitability;
- Negotiate rental agreements;
- Collect rent and track tenant deposits;
- Comply with federal, state and local laws; and
- Respond to tenant requests and deal with tenant’s problems
A: It seems there is a new property management company starting out every day, trying to beat everyone else’s prices. Our management fees are very competitive and we certainly are not the most expensive. On the other hand, we charge a fair fee for a tremendous service. For example, we believe that resident selection is very high on the list of priorities. A poor resident can cost you thousands of dollars. We are experienced and committed to finding the best resident for you at a competitive rent. When ALL expenses are considered, we are generally less expensive than most companies. We charge a flat fee of 8% of the collected rents. We do not charge leasing fees, renewal fees, and we do not add on fees to the maintenance costs.
A: We have a major presence on the web with our primary website at michaelanthonyproperties.com where we post attractive photos of your property, information & directions. Our Web Development department daily takes care of online development and site management to ensure our clients that their property is getting the optimal exposure available online. Scheduled showings of vacancies are performed seven days a week by professional leasing agents. In addition to newspaper advertising, we advertise on over 30 rental websites and on multiple paid platforms to attract more potential tenants to your listing.
- WORD OF MOUTH / REFERRALS – Current and past tenants, friends of our tenants, referrals from other agents that we network with.
- CORRECT PRICING – Even the best and nicest homes will not lease quickly if overpriced. We make sure your rental home is priced according to current market conditions.
- THOROUGH PREPARATION – Even the best located and well priced rental homes will not rent if they are in poor condition. Part of our job as a property manager is to make sure your rental home is presented in a clean and attractive condition so that it will attract a good tenant.
A: We do a detailed analysis of the rental market, factoring in the condition, location, and amenities of your property along with the current rental market.
A: Over the years, we have found that residents with a good credit history are generally more reliable than those who do not have good credit. A reliable resident will usually take better care of a property (in addition to paying rent on time). When we have good residents who pay rent on time and take proper care of the property, your investment is protected.
A: There are several ways your property manager has to know this. Above all, careful tenant selection from the outset protects your property from being rented to irresponsible people. During the lease term, we may have occasion to enter the property for repair or maintenance reasons and will use that opportunity to have a look. If we are fortunate enough not to have any repairs or maintenance at your property over an extended period of time, your property manager will schedule a preventative maintenance walk-through to make sure the air filter is being changed, that the smoke alarms have batteries and that there are no unreported problems at the property.
A: Rents are due on the 1st and late after the 5th. Payments received after the 5th are subject to a 6% late fee. After the 5th of each month, we send three day notices to pay or quit to all tenants with unpaid rent. If we have not received payment or heard from the tenant after three days we will hand over the file to our attorney to proceed with an eviction.
A: Once a violation has occurred, we will post a legal notice to the tenant with an opportunity to cure the violation. If the violation is not cured, it will be forwarded to our attorney for eviction filings.
A: Michael Anthony Properties holds all the security deposits unless the owner specifically request it be turned over to them.
A: We make every effort to insure your funds are received no later than the 10th of the current month. Direct deposit of any owner’s monthly check is available at no extra charge. In addition, we include an itemized accounting statement.
A: Yes. We will communicate with you throughout our agreement and keep you aware of any issues that may arise. We will contact you at reasonable times to discuss repairs and notify you of the residents notice to move.
A: Residents may phone, fax, or mail their requests to us, and they can request maintenance online at our website. After we receive a repair request, we may contact the resident and ask them questions, which will help us determine the exact nature of the problem before sending a service technician. If the resident has a legitimate problem, we will schedule the repair. Most repairs are scheduled within one business day. Comfort items such as air conditioning, no hot water or heat, receive the highest priority and are usually attended to the same or next business day.
A: Yes. Residents can contact us 24 hours a day and 7 days a week to respond to emergencies. We will then talk with the resident to determine how to proceed. Many times we can solve the problem over the phone, saving you the cost of an emergency trip charge.
A: Yes. We can pay your Mortgage, Insurance, Homeowners fees, etc. There must be sufficient cash flow from the property to cover such expenses and we will ask you to advance us the necessary funds for this purpose.
A: Yes. We can start the process immediately. To set up a no-obligation consultation to discuss your property in detail, please Contact Us.