TENANT MOVEOUT INSTRUCTIONS
Forwarding Address and Contact Information
To ensure a timely and efficient return of your deposit, we will need your forwarding address and contact information. We will issue one check for any security deposit refund. This check will be made out in all tenants’ names. It is the tenants’ responsibility to work out the details of distribution.
Your New Mailing Address:
1) Be sure to contact USPS to change to your new forwarding mailing address, and 2) contact and provide your new mailing address to all vendors, subscription providers, utility companies, financial institutions, etc. (for all bills, newspapers and magazines, etc.)
Pay all applicable and outstanding charges owed. Your security deposit cannot be used as your last month’s rent. Your deposit refund will be processed within 21 days from the end of your lease term.
Keys and Access Control Return
All keys and other items (properly identified) related to the premises must be returned to MAP no later than 5:30pm the day of lease termination. Do not leave the keys at the unit. Rent charges will continue until we receive the keys, and all personal property is removed from the premises.
Checklist of Minimal Move-out Requirements
The following “starter” checklist is a reminder of the minimum requirements of residents prior to vacating the premises.
Repairs: repairs any damages to the unit. MAP will inspect these at moveout.
Cleaning: review “Tenant Cleaning Checklist” for complete cleaning requirements (included in this document)
- All light bulbs working
- All household and yard debris removed
- All keys and garage door openers inventoried at move in, returned to MAP
- Remove all debris and arrange for final garbage pick-up. Professional debris removal is expensive and will be charged to your security deposit
TENANT CLEANING CHECKLIST
Checklist Overview and Security Deposit
We are certain that you wish to receive a full return of your deposit. It is much easier for us to return your deposit than deduct items from it. In preparation for your move-out inspection, please complete the following items included in this checklist provided to you as a courtesy “reminder” of what is expected per your lease agreement. Please keep in mind that damage and the costs of noncompliance of the lease terms may be deducted from your security deposit. Please understand that this checklist is considered a generalized guide for move-out as it may include items that do not relate to your specific unit (refer to your lease). Your deposit refund will be processed within 21 days from the end of your lease term.
REMEMBER: How beautiful did the home look when you moved in? That’s because MAP has its homes
professionally cleaned prior to resident move in. Our expectation is that it should look the same when you leave. This requires work, time, and costs on your behalf. If you haven’t properly maintained the interior of the home during your tenancy then you can expect more time, work and costs associated with repairing the home
- Dust and clean all mini blinds
- Dust and wipe clean all windows inside and out (where applicable)
- Dust and wipe clean all windowsills, window tracks, storm windows and door casings, trim work, baseboards and doors
- Dust and clean all walls to remove dirt and cobwebs
- Dust and wipe clean all ceiling fans and electric light fixtures
- Clean and wipe out all drawers, cabinets and shelves in the unit (especially in kitchen and bathrooms)
- Clean and wipe out all sinks, toilets, bathtubs, showers, and vanities in the unit (especially in kitchen and
- Clean and wipe interior and exterior (including top) of all appliances and fixtures in the kitchen,
- bathrooms, and utility areas including refrigerator, stove/oven, microwave, dishwasher, and
- Clean behind and underneath the refrigerator, stove/oven, microwave, and washer/dryer (if included in the unit).
- Be careful not to damage floors when moving appliances.
- Do not leave the refrigerator or stove unplugged after cleaning
- Dust and clean wipe in and around Fireplace/Mantle
- Clean and wipe down all hardwoods using proper care not to cause damage
- Removal of cobwebs inside and out
- Tenant caused dirt is not normal “wear and tear.”
- Pick up debris and animal feces on the exterior of the property and place them in the proper trash
- Close and secure all windows and doors before vacating
There will be a charge if you do not restore the interior of the home to its previous condition.
Carpet cleaning depends on time lived in the property for normal wear and tear, whether you have had pets, and if the carpet cleaning exceeds normal wear and tear.
You will always be charged 100%, if you have had pets and/or have soiled carpets exceeding normal wear and tear.
Do NOT rent carpet cleaning machines, use home cleaning machines, or employ chemical cleaning companies. Only professional truck mounted steam cleaning from a reputable company is accepted.
Call MAP for a recommendation on a carpet cleaner who will give you reasonable rates on carpet cleaning. If you hire another carpet cleaner, the carpet cleaner must guarantee their work to the satisfaction of MAP, and a receipt is required during the walk through inspection.
- Cleaning—If dusting is insufficient and there is an additional charge for cleaning, such charges will be deducted from your security deposit.
- Replacement—If you have damaged or broken blinds or window coverings, they must be replaced, or you will be charged the full cost of replacement.
- Wipe all mini blinds – do not use harsh chemicals on the blinds.
- Clean all windows inside and out (where possible).
The following must be in working order to avoid charges when moving out:
- Broken or damaged mini blinds
- Burned out light bulbs (interior and exterior)
- Non Working smoke or CO2 detectors AND batteries. Remember, it is the tenant’s responsibility to furnish working batteries after move in.
- Damaged and missing doorstops
- Furnace and Air Filters – vacuum, dust and change the filters just before you vacate the property, and make sure you use the correct size. Remember, it is the tenant’s responsibility to furnish and replace filters after move in.
- Drip pans and rings on stove (be sure to replace with correct size and color)
- Window screens (where applicable)
- Landscape Care and Clean Up
REMEMBER: How beautiful did the landscaping look when you moved in? That’s because MAP has the landscape professionally manicured prior to resident move in. Our expectation is that it should look the same when you leave. This requires work, time, and money on your behalf. If you haven’t properly maintained the yard and landscape during your tenancy then you can expect more time, work and costs associated with repairing the yard prior to moving. The outside area is to be neatly mowed, trimmed, pruned, fertilized, weeded, pinestraw/barked/mulched, weedeat and watered for outside areas that apply in your rental contract.
- Restore flowerbeds and “natural areas” to move in condition by cleaning out and removing dead leaves
- and limbs out.
- Remove all trash and debris, placing in the proper receptacles.
- Remove grease or oil drips; dispose of motor oil properly – it does not belong in the garbage receptacles.
- Pick up any animal feces whether you have an animal or not.
- There will be a charge if you do not restore the landscape and lawn to its previous condition.
Tenants must dispose of all trash, i.e. mattresses, furniture, clothes, etc. properly, from both inside and outside the unit and in any storage areas. No items are to be left in the unit or at the curbside/dumpster.
If you leave behind trash items that will not be taken during regular trash pickup, you will be charged a fee to have such items removed by MAP.
Do not leave large items in the yard, driveway, or at the street. If you have trash that exceeds the normal pickup, you are to arrange to have it hauled away at your expense.
Place all other trash within the appropriate trash receptacles for normal trash removal.
Do notoverflow trash receptacles.
The entire cost of removal of trash or abandoned property will be withheld from the security deposit. The cost will be an hourly rate plus any dump fees, dumpster rental or trailer rental charges.
We request that you do not spackle, putty, or touch up paint unless sure the paint will match. Charges can occur if unnecessary painting is required due to tenant painting. Charges for painting depend on whether it exceeds normal wear and tear, and the length of time in the Property.
Utilities must be left on and in the tenants’ names until the last day of lease obligation.